List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] French National Assembly switching to Gnu / Linux
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2006-11-24 17:01:43

Hello,

You may have read it on Slashdot but the Questeurs of the French National
Assembly have decided to switch the computers MP use in their office in the
Assembly (one personal and one for their secretary).

 http://www.assemblee-nationale.fr/presse/divisionpresse/m01.asp#TopOfPage

The Questeurs is a bipartisan committee that controls the practical matters of
the Assembly life (building, offices, IT, Assembly employees). The Assembly
is going to be reelected next year but we can hope that the decision won't
change whatever the next elections results will be.

What precisely will be on these Linux workstations is not decided yet but it
would be a great symbolic victory if KDE was chosen as the default.

One of the functionalities that will be important in the decision and where we
can make a difference with Firefox/Thunderbird is that a French MP must share
his agenda between his Assembly secretary and his local constituency
secretary. Is this possible easily with Kontact ?

Cheers,
Charles
--
cmiramon@kde-france.org