List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] [3/8] Community Identity
From:       Tom Chance <tom () acrewoods ! net>
Date:       2006-11-20 19:38:17

On Monday 20 November 2006 18:15, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 20 November 2006 2:43, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > - Naming style - do we want to give recommendations on how programs
> > should be name - with a K or without, for example?
>
> good question. personally, i'd be concerned this starts down a path of
> micromanagement that may not even be workable / implementable given how our
> community works.

I would have thought that a non-binding recommendation would be OK with the
community, as well as obviously beneficial. We've had several approaches for
help with app naming recently, so I think making some guidelines that not
only caution against really bad names for the sake of a 'K', but that also
provide some suggestions of how to pick names, would be great.

Regards,
Tom

--
The struggle against power is the struggle of memory against forgetting
 - Kundera