List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE4 under MacOsX and Windows
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-11-10 17:23:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 10 November 2006 5:01, Jure Repinc wrote:
> http://digg.com/software/Screenshots_of_KDE_4_desktop_running_on_Windows_XP
>_and_Mac_OS_X

i appreciate your enthusiasm.

however, the title for your submission is not accurate. it is not the KDE4
desktop. it is KDE4 applications. the difference is important. i'm working as
fast as i can with other people in the marketing groups to put together
information regarding these distinctions but it takes time. we have a meeting
in germany at the end of this month after which we should hopefully have
something coherent on it.

i'm also highly concerned about a bunch of us running around and in our
excitement spreading a bunch of information that does reflect well on kde,
the goals we have going forward or our commitments to free software in
general.

may i suggest we all go outside, shout "BOOOOO YAH!" or whatever it is each of
us says when excited at the top of our lungs from a rooftop to get the rush
of adrenaline met and then come back here to discuss positioning and
messaging, aka "marketing"?

=)

--
Aaron J. Seigo