List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE4 under MacOsX and Windows
From:       Laurent Montel <montel () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-11-10 15:15:09

On Friday 10 November 2006 14:32, David Faure wrote:
> On Fri Nov 10 2006, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> > On Friday 10 November 2006 13:58, Laurent Montel wrote:
> > > I don't know how to create package for windows/MacOs :(
> >
> > For Windows there's at least the solution that's commonly used by
> > sysadmins to deploy software within a company:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257718
> >
> > There are a few other free and/or open source tools, but I have no
> > experience with them:
> >
> > http://dennisbareis.com/makemsi.htm
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/msi2xml/
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/wix/
>
> We chose http://nsis.sourceforge.net/ at kdab since it's apparently much
> nicer, but all this is for creating proper installers... I wonder if it
> wouldn't be enough to just distribute a zip with all dlls and exe in it for
> now?

I created zip package.
I add all my kde4 directory, dbus directory, win32lib directory
I used qt-4.2.1

I don't know if it works with my zip package
when you decompress into it into c:\Programme
I put a variable.bat which initialize PATH
to launch dbus, use dbus-launch.bat

I don't know where put this zip package.
Regards