List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Q++
From:       "Joseph M. Gaffney" <cucullin () wtfisthat ! net>
Date:       2006-11-02 21:43:58

On Thursday 02 November 2006 15:48, Wade Olson wrote:
> What are some concrete things we can do (code of community conduct,
> standardized ways to approach users in IRC and mailing
> lists...whatever) to Q++?
>
> Wade

1) More LUG involvement... with free goodies perhaps
2) Adult education at high schools/libraries
3) Get KDE out there at non-linux/bsd/whatever yet technical events, like \
ham  radio, audio, video, gaming, whatever
4) Try and get distros that don't feature KDE prominently (ie: Fedora) some \
 help on the KDE side.  In discussions with Fedora official-types, the \
general  consensus is they just know gtk, which is why they don't put \
effort into KDE.   Not that they don't like it, but that their expertise is \
simply elsewhere. 5) KDE events - organize some KDE-specific events \
intended to demo KDE 3.5.x,  and show off KDE 4 concepts.  No BoF sessions, \
more trade-show style maybe. 6) Approach corporations (small-med biz)
7) Get KDE at EVERY linux/bsd/windows/consumer tech/whatever event that has \
 ever existed for the past 90 years.

Don't know whats reasonable, or even feasible, just some quick thoughts.

-Joseph M. Gaffney aka CuCullin