List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Information on KDE for Businesses
From:       "Joseph M. Gaffney" <cucullin () wtfisthat ! net>
Date:       2006-10-12 16:14:00

I was at a get together last night for AV industry equipment and technologies.
Some of them are already using Linux, and I had a discussion with some of the
higher ups about using KDE as well.

While I'm sending him an email with an overview of KDE, the kiosk tool, Qt and
the ability to commercially license their toolkit, so on, I'd like to send
him a flyer or other such simple document with an overview of how businesses
can make use of KDE.  I know there is still a bit of discussion going on over
the flyer Juergen has offered to create, so I'm sure that is nowhere near
complete, but I would appreciate it if someone could send me any materials
that might be useful for a CEO, and perhaps any other documentation that
might be interesting to their technical staff about use in embedded
environments.

At the very least, I'm proposing to them the idea of using Qt for
compatibility with Linux as well as Windows for their desktop software,
though I hope to get them involved more on the open source front.

Thanks!

-Joseph M. Gaffney aka CuCullin