List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] 2007 events
From:       Danil Dotsenko <dd () accentsolution ! com>
Date:       2006-10-02 19:28:29

On Monday 02 October 2006 11:44, Wade Olson wrote:
> All,
>
> With only two months left in 2006, it's past time to look forward to
> next year's set of events.
>
> Can we make a list of NA/USA events that are:
>
> 1) worth attending
> 2) viable to attend based on this year or previous years
>
> We are in a bit of a "chicken and egg" situation with a booth box for
> North America.  Let's get some events listed, some planning, and some
> expectations.
>
> If we can do some strategification and can show presence, planning and
> need, I'll push for a NA booth box.
>
> Wade

My neighborhood:

===========================

Southern California Linux Expo
Imo, "Enthusiasty Taste"
February 10-11 (WEEKENDS), 2007 at The Westin Los Angeles Airport
http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale5x/
Last year Linspire (i think) sponsored the booth. Were placed in between
Google and Novell - heaps of fun. :)
Attendees:
40% Beginning/potential Linux / KDE users.
10% "I am here to say that I like Gnome better" ppl
50% Console-junkies / techie types with "Try to amaze me" type of questions.
Staffed by:
The Undulating One.
Danil Dotsenko (user-type)
Aaron Johnson (uummm...)

Offer to attend was extended already by SCaLE ppl,
----------------
Thanks for the interest in SCALE 5x.  We would love to have you guys back.  We
have also released our call for papers if the other Aaron (Seigo) is
interested in speaking again.

KDE will be officially pencilled in as our first dotORG exhibitor.

Thanks!
Gareth "Gareth J. Greenaway" <gareth@socallinuxexpo.com>
-----------------
Hey guys,

I just wanted to thank all of you for for exhibiting at SCALE this year.  The
KDE booth was one of the most popular ones.  You guys are definitely invited
to come back next year, Aaron will want to come and defend his title as
winner in the "Weakest Geek" game. :)

Thanks
Gareth  "Gareth J. Greenaway" <gareth@socallinuxexpo.com>
Attended by:
I think Ryan (pozer) was there, forgot who else.

Danil Dotsenko

 (\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)