List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Handout/Leaflet for KOffice
From:       Danil Dotsenko <dd () accentsolution ! com>
Date:       2006-09-17 17:56:54

On Sunday 17 September 2006 03:22, Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> Am Sonntag 17 September 2006 12:16 schrieb Joerg Hoh:
> > > A while ago, I and a couple of guy from KOffice plus the nice help from
> > > the Scribus-folks created
> > > http://www.valdyas.org/~boud/koffice-leaflet.pdf It is the idea to
> > > print those handouts to give them to the interested public on events
> > > such as CeBIT, System, LinuxTage and so on.
> > > I would also like to do something like that for KDE in general.
> >
> > Ack.
>
> We need content :)

Nahh, what you need is a good idea of the target audience. Examples:

(BSD and other os fans, please forgive me. I am using Linux for brevity)

- ppl new to linux and completely clueless about desktop shells like KDE
(often found on linux fairs in a form of generally older people approaching
retirement and looking for a hobby-like activity)

- ppl relatively new to linux / Desktop shells (like former/current Windows
users / administrators checking out if the state of Linux + Desktop is "good
enough" TM for their purposes.

- ppl familiar with linux SHELL but are utterly sceptical about needing a
full-blown desktop environment (I have encountered them at SCaLE. They come
by with phrases like "But, do you have a Compose-like feature?" to which I
show Kompose, "ummm, but do you have ...." to which I show another
application. After 2-3 exchanges of the kind, they: "Hmmm... Interesting..."
and drift into the eather full of introspection)

Pick your poison, I'll give you your content.

--
Danil Dotsenko

  (\ /)
(O.o)