List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Volunteer for small kde-edu promotion task
From:       "Fabricio \"aybabtu\" Cannini" <aybabtu_me () yahoo ! com ! br>
Date:       2006-08-27 2:02:34

Em Sexta 25 Agosto 2006 13:43, Aaron J. Seigo escreveu:
> On Friday 25 August 2006 9:39, you wrote:
> > There he mentions a high search engine ranked page dedicated to schools
> > and Open Source and he highlights the non-presency of kde-edu programs on
> > that list.
>
> or any apps for that matter. it's a brand new site, less than 2 months old,
> but will be getting a lot of attention from the OSS educational crowd.
>
> > So we are looking for a person to go to
> > http://k12opensource.wikispaces.com/Programs and fill the appropiate
> > parts with descriptions of kde-edu programs.
> >
> > It is not really a difficult task as most the descriptions can probably
> > be got from http://edu.kde.org/ pages.
>
> there's also room there for a lot of general purpose, but school
> appropriate, kde apps too such as web browsers, graphics apps and
> email/calendaring =)
>
> if you do go and add to these lists, you may wish to add a short sentence
> (keep it brief; people appreciate that too =) noting the benefits of the
> app.
>
> btw, i've been working with the LTSP people who are very happy KDE
> "customers" even though the devs themselves are primarily GNOME users ..
> they like KDE a lot and find the KDE edu apps invaluable and central to
> their offerings. let's keep the KDE brand alive and central in their world
> =)
>
> p.s.: Albert, thanks for forwarding the msg on to appropriate places... =))

Hi!
Althought there was already some info about kde there, IMO there was room to
improve it.
You can see it in the "history" tab at the top of the page.
I'd like to hear your comments about the texts below:

http://k12opensource.wikispaces.com/Web+Browsers
Konqueror's description was way too technical.

http://k12opensource.wikispaces.com/Multimedia
The apps Desc. were too short or too technical, i've simplified/increased it a
bit.

http://k12opensource.wikispaces.com/Programming
Idem to Multimedia.

Well, that's it! :)