List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] New wiki for developer.kde.org
From:       Olaf Jan Schmidt <ojschmidt () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-08-11 11:58:21

Hi!

Did you already discuss your ideas with some of us? With us I mean the
maintainers of Capacity (our PHP framework used for developer.kde.org and
most other KDE sites) and the other members of the kde-www-devel list.

We plan to set up a central CMS- or Wiki-based solution for KDE.org as an
alternative to Capacity. The reason is that two frameworks are easier to
maintain than if we set up a different one for each subsite of KDE. For
example, I do not have the time to fix web site accessibility for all of the
KDE subsites:
http://accessibility.kde.org/reports/websites.php

It is important that as many KDE websites as possible use either Capacity or
the common CMS- or Wiki-based alternative we are planning.

It would be great if you two could join the kde-www-devel list help us set up
this general solution instead of fragmenting the KDE web presence even more.

I also plan to improve Capacity and would be grateful for feedback. Which are
the exact problems with using the existing online-editing function of
developer.kde.org?

Olaf

[ Carsten Niehaus ]

--
Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility co-maintainer, open standards
accessibility networker, Protestant theology student and webmaster of