List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Siggraph 2006 ?? (any Industry event??)
From:       Sunny Dubey <sunny () opencurve ! org>
Date:       2006-07-15 22:27:47

hey guys!

(NOTE: I'm just throwing out an idea here.  I have *NOT* done any prior
research on how KDE works with other industries and such.)

At this years Siggraph 2006 expo, Blender, GNOME, and the Uni-verse consortium
are going to have an "Open Source Pavillion" at the expo.  Obviously this is
great stuff and we should all thank these guys for their hard work.

I can't help but think KDE should be events like these.  I think its very
important that KDE be viewed as a tool/platform that professional apps can be
run on.  And by being at such an event, it exposes KDE to people who might
not think about the desktop environment and may simply run whatever their
distro defaults to.  What it boils down to is being viewed as a "a partner",
which is a very positive light.

I'm sure we've all seen the KDE screenshots of WETA using it during the
rendering/production of the "Lord of the Rings" movie series.  Those were
cool! (At least for us Linux people!)

I have *zero* clue on how KDE developers/promoters are connected to such other
computing industries, and if there is no current work on it I think it would
be great if we started making the right contacts with the right people and
such.

cool, have a great weekend!

--
Sunny Dubey