List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE Hacks on the Dot
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-23 14:24:28

Salaam ya Ahmed and Cristian too,

On Friday 23 June 2006 04:21, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> On 22 June 2006 11:57, Ahmed Saad wrote:
> > While I have not heard from the Dot in my feed aggregator for 4 days
> > now, I thought about suggesting that a "KDE Hacks" article series
> > could be started on the Dot..While they might not all be "hacks" as in
> > something undocumented or not-so-obvious.. They might well shed some
> > light (with actual usage scenarios)  on small but very useful
> > KDE-based applications (KDE Wallet, basKet, Kopete, ?) or how to
> > effectiely use relatively bigger applications  (konqueror, koffice,
>
> Given the way the dot functions, I believe that the best way of going
> forward with your idea is to just put up some articles and collaborate \
> with the editors for the polishing and the publication.

There was a brief series by Carsten Niehaus on the dot about KDE 3.5
applications; it petered out when Carsten didn't have the time to continue
writing. So I'd say this is an excellent idea (maybe also steal some of the \
 text Luke Parry has written recently to this list) but you really need to
carry it alone to show it can be done -- and then hopefully people will \
step  up and chime in.

--
KDE Quality Team
GPG: FEA2 A3FE