List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Take a look at Linux1.no
From:       Birger Kollstrand <birger.kollstrand () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-18 10:14:31

Fredag 16 juni 2006 23:41, skrev Kurt Pfeifle:
> Why are you asking other people? What if there was not the one and
> only, always-true, everywhere-valid, for-everybody-fitting answer to
> your question? Why would there by no Google hit, and no link on the
> frontpage of www.kde.org if somebody had ever come up with such an
> answer?
1. I'm not good at marketing (trying to improve though)
2. I need guidance and information
3. My time is very limited. I got family , 3 kids, a buisinses beside my
daytime job and I do Linux marketing in Norway. I have lately arranged an
interview with the Norwgian govenment on their use of open
source(http://linux1.no/node/1687), another interview with the university
hosting the national broadcaster's (nrk.no/lyd) open source streaming of
radio(http://linux1.no/node/1772).
4. I was hoping the promo list would know and care about helping the local
evangelism.

> I suggest you find answer to *this* question first: "What are *my*
> own, personal '10 good points' to convince a new user to choose KDE
> when they want to try Linux?" Or even better: "...when I hear them
> swearing about Windows?"
I'm an engineer and I have noticed that the avarage users do not care about
Qt, C++ nad issues like that.

> Once you have come up with 10 points (or 20, or 7 or 50), try to
> condense them into an "elevator pitch"-style message. Then pose
> them for discussion here. I'm sure it will help all those people
> (I'm currently *not* one of them) who also may be dieing to hear an
> answer, but who do not seem to take their own initiative to find an
> answer....
thak you for the kind works.

birger....