List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Google Earth uses Qt
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-13 8:38:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:
>[ Mark Baker ]
>
>> Would it be appropriate to write a Dot article about
>> why Google chose Qt? We could even try to get an
>> interview from a Google developer.
>
>Yes, this is a good idea, especially since Google has just released a
> native Linux version of Google Earth. Would you like to do the Google
> interview yourself if we find the correct person at Google?

I would be careful about jumping the gun here: Google Earth not only uses
an internally-shipped Qt (instead of that found in the system), but it
also uses a Gtk installer.

If you write an article about "why Google Earth chose Qt", there'll be
people saying, "so why did they have to use Gtk for the installer".

  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech ASA
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway