List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE 3.5.3 release announcement www files
From:       Tom Chance <tom () acrewoods ! net>
Date:       2006-05-31 20:42:55

Ahoy,

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 21:22, Danil Dotsenko wrote:
> By the way, I changed some text in the release announcement. Please, direct
> all further alterations to the kde-www list, as it's in their hands now. My
> alterations:

> <strong>
> It features specific performance improvements, new
> conservatively-selected features and significant amount of resolutions of
> issues reported through an automated code quality assurance scanning
> services provided by our valued partners.
> </strong>

> - KDE startup sequence reordered to improve startup time.</li>
> - Over 800 minor potential code quality issues were discovered and
> corrected with great help from Coverity - a project initiated with funding
> from the United States Government.</li>
> - Small new features were implemented in Akregator, KMail and KAlarm. This
> release alters the tradition of limiting "maintenance releases" to bug
> fixes. "Feature freeze" was relaxed somewhat to accommodate qualitative
> improvements held back by the long release cycle of stable 3.5.x
> series.</li>

I'm not entirely clear what you mean here, but did you just cut the bullet
list and replace it with that vague, uninspiring paragraph? Who wants to be
conservative and have "valued partners"?

Regards,
Tom

--
I'll give £100 to People & Planet if 20 people give £10.
Help me help this amazing student activist network!