List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] dead-end pages at events.kde.org
From:       "B. E. Irwin" <beirwin () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2006-05-26 0:50:21

On Friday, May 26, 2006 Harald Sitter wrote:

> I just noticed that events.kde.org got quite some pages which don't get
> updated regulary (or at least in a mean full time slot).

> Problems I noticed:
http://events.kde.org/calendar/coming.php (not up-to-date, last from nov 05)
http://events.kde.org/info/ (last entries from 2003)
http://events.kde.org/faq/promo.php (damn old resoruces)
http://events.kde.org/contrib/graphics.php (needless - just link to clipart)
http://events.kde.org/contrib/materials.php (old brochures, businesscards,
posters and tshirts)

> Would be cool if kde-promo and kde-www could get together to keep
events.kde.org up-to-date :-)

> BTW, more linking to spreadkde would solve quite some problems as I think
most promotional efforts happen there now.

Thanks for pointing out these problems.

FYI, Tom Chance and I are working on creating an Events Calendar on the
spreadkde site (where all promo-related stuff will live), but the job is
taking longer than we anticipated, not to mention life intervening for us
both.  I am collecting information on meetings and conferences so if anyone
on this list has additional info., please forward it on to me.  Rest assured
this events database will get done!  :-)

Barbara

Barbara Irwin
Victoria, B.C.  Canada

                       The Roman Rule: The one who says it cannot be done
 		      should never interrupt the one who is doing it.