List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Contest: Working version of KOffice 1.5 on Windows,
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-17 15:52:34

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 15:29, Kent Nguyen wrote:
> David Faure wrote:

> > > Reading this thread and the one on koffice-devel I _think_ the contest is
> > > about providing KO on windows _now_ and not in 2007.
> > >

> > Yes, but as proof of concept, not as something ready for production.
> > And for that purpose, working on trunk is just fine.
> >

> As long as it fulfills the criteria of the contest.  Working on trunk or
> detrunk, however it is, I'm more interested in the actual proof of
> concept not the _saying_ of the proof of concept that it'll work.

Sorry for using the technical term "trunk". By that I mean: a "KOffice 2 alpha" \
version, based on Qt4, instead of working on the 1.5 code branch.

I think this would be more useful to koffice (since the results would actually be
part of what will make KOffice-2.0 on windows possible), and it would still prove
you that "koffice can run on windows" (even if it won't be a stable version of
koffice running on windows yet).