List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Contest: Working version of KOffice 1.5 on Windows,
From:       Kent Nguyen <kent () mslinux ! com>
Date:       2006-05-17 13:29:32

David Faure wrote:

> > > I don't see the point in this contest either, given that anyone could port
> > > KOffice trunk to Windows for less work and using a GPL version of Qt 4 -
> > > and the result would actually be useful to the future of KOffice.
> > >

> > Reading this thread and the one on koffice-devel I _think_ the contest is
> > about providing KO on windows _now_ and not in 2007.
> >

> Yes, but as proof of concept, not as something ready for production.
> And for that purpose, working on trunk is just fine.

As long as it fulfills the criteria of the contest.  Working on trunk or
detrunk, however it is, I'm more interested in the actual proof of
concept not the _saying_ of the proof of concept that it'll work.
Anyone can claim they can give me the world in 4 months, but will they
be able to do it?  One way to know is through competition.  If one guy
claims he can do it but the other guy manages to do it.  Then who do you
think deserve the money?