List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] LinuxTag 2006 - Review
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-15?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-11 8:19:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 11 May 2006 08:31, Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 10 Mai 2006 23:53 schrieb Danil Dotsenko:
> > > Ubuntu include some free data on their live-cds, that includes video
> > > and audio (Ogg Theroa and Vorbis). We could and perhaps should add that
> > > to the example-user in svn.
> >
> > Putting media on the SVN is perhaps too much wasted space, bandwidth.
> > Torrent maybe?
>
> For one, we already do have this exampleuser-account in svn.
> Then it is easier to check out svn then to search for a torrent:
> svn.kde.org is always there and easy to use.
> Last reason: If you are on a show you can easily improve the exampleuser by
> commiting your stuff.

I agree. We should be able to sacrifice those maybe 100MB for the exampleuser,
it proved to be incredibly strong for Linuxtag. and having to download things
from different places makes it much harder to get an exampleuser set up.

Torrent is IMO not really practical, at most fairs it's just not done to run
something as heavy on the network as bittorrent, and we would need enough
seeds.

It is also easy to update within a couple of minutes, which is very handy so
things don't get lost easily.
--
sebas