List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Apple Mac Boasting about how Unix is the ultimate
From:       Arne Babenhauserheide <arne_bab () web ! de>
Date:       2006-05-11 5:19:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

El Miércoles, 10 de Mayo de 2006 23:22, Martijn Klingens escribió:
> A bigger problem is that it's too easy to launch Klik images.

I'd like to answer as a User in here:

Why is it bad, that a program can be launched easily?

Since the Klik app informs me, that I just clicked a Klik-App and asks if I
want to open it, I see no problem in Klik, rather a chance.

(Even though it would be nice, if the recipes could contain far more
information (metadata), with links to the developers-website,
download-sources, etc., if only in regard of sharing Kliks in p2p-networks.
But I only know how much they offer from Kurts next message).

In OSX almost all the Apps you have can be run like that, and they are stored
on disk with full permissions.

So Klik seems far more secure to me than OSX Apps, but I don't know how it
would feel for an admin knowing all that dumb stuff users do...

As soon as I managed to get my X-connection from my iMac to my new AMD
(lacking a monitor), I'll give them a try.

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein