List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Apple Mac Boasting about how Unix is the ultimate
From:       "Mr Bulldog" <bulldogsay () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-05-02 18:29:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Even though this isn't really directly affected to kde, as it is a desktop
environment. It more relates to the actual core unix system, Linux, Bsd etc=
.
Currently only barely do some distro's argue about how great their distro i=
against viruses and other things such as malware. For example this is from
mandriva, who to me primarily target the casual desktop users, who probably
migrated from windows:

http://www.mandriva.com/en/individuals/products/2006discoverylx/safe

Not really intresting to look at is it. The fact that kde 3 (no one really
uses cygwin) , not sure about 4, will be exclusivly for unix systems. These
have the great benefits of great security, performance and so on. I am not
saying it is needed, but would kde benefit from this, especially for exampl=
on given out discs to the common user. Just for note here is the link to
apple mac page:

http://www.apple.com/getamac/