List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] [Kde-ev-marketing] Fixing the release procedure
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-15?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-01 18:56:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 01 May 2006 17:34, Tom Chance wrote:
> On Monday 01 May 2006 15:10, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > I've merged the page with the general page for now. I've not yet created
> > a page about release notes but might do later if it gets more content.
>
> I've put my editing-bastard hat on and done a really heavy edit/merge.
> Basically:
>
> - moved some stuff about Carsten's changelogs to the 'Identifying the cool
> features and key messages' page
>
> - moved stuff about translations into a slightly expanded 'Translation
> teams for deliverables' page (new name for Albert's page)
>
> - moved stuff into an expanded 'Distributing the press release' page, now
> with notes about the press channel, coordination, etc.
>
> - merged some stuff into the list that was already there
>
> - put the remaining stuff in paragraphs below
>
> I find this a lot clearer. You have a general procedure with some notes on
> timings, who does what, etc. Then you have pages that expand on the
> procedure, explaining how to do each step in detail. The only difference
> AFAICS between minor and major releases is that minor releases need less
> time and fewer deliverables.

Thanks, it's really integrated now. :-)

Now we need to get back to the problem at hand, we need to sort out the
keymessages for 3.5.3, from the top of my head:

- Vastly improved startup time due to reordering of startup sequence
- Lots of less-shallow bugfixes (coverity, Bartoschek's checks)

In the thread Carsten started, we already have a sentence dealing with
the !coverity checks.
--
sebas