List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Would there be a Kde 4 seperate sub site,
From:       Danil Dotsenko <dd () accentsolution ! com>
Date:       2006-04-28 8:36:18

Friday 28 April 2006 00:56 Tuomas Nurmi wrote:
> On Friday, 28. April 2006 02:10, Mr Bulldog wrote:
> > It would just make it more friendly to view and access and can I just
> > ask, is kde4.org registered with kde. If so, it should be used. Maybe
> > putting this on spreadkde.org?
>
> I think it would be a good idea to take enhanced web experience as a goal
> for the kde4 release. Not only the layout needs to be reworked, but an
> INTEGRATED website would be a great thing. Some things that are missingfrom
> the user point of view:
>
> - Coherent layout / Look'n Feel
> - Integrated authentications (every website, wiki and mailinglist seems to
> need a separate registration and password)

It's an interesting idea. I was contemplating something similar, but with a
monetary twist. I was wandering why not include .mac - like, paid services
(kde-branded email, blog, some storage space) through kde interface.
E.V. or some for-profit would get the fees and turn it into something like
Summer of Code series. Many Mac-ies get it just to have "mac" in the email
address; same can apply for KDE citizens. It would also be a good "safety
net", albeit paid, for KDE newcomers.

--
Danil Dotsenko

 (\ /)