List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Captions to 3.5 screenshots
From:       "B. E. Irwin" <beirwin () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2006-04-26 21:24:12

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Danil Dotsenko wrote:

> Tuesday 25 April 2006 12:34 Marcos Fouces:
> El Martes, 25 de Abril de 2006 19:36, Danil Dotsenko escribió:
> Personally, i like to know what a screenshot is about before seeing it. I
> suppose that more people like it too.
>
> > My concern here is that "skeptical" viewer will go over "short" captions
> > and mentally say "got that covered, got that covered, got that covered.
> > Nothing to see here." and will never actually look at the shots.
>
> I do not think so. If you are not interested in burning CD (or wahtever
> else) you may want to focus on another screenshot. Also, if you do not have
> the time (or the patience) to see all screenshots you can just see the more
> suited to your interests.

Updated:
Second version of suggested revisions for the captions.
http://accentsolution.com/kde/captions.html
worked.

Ver:2
Shortened a lot of strings

Ver:1
Most of changes are in tune with what you meant to say, or reflect the
screenshot more fully, or are designed to entice the viewer to actually look.

Suggestion:

Wandered if KDE is ready for VoIP? The answer is a definite "Yes." =>

Is KDE ready for VoIP?  Yes!!  or if you want to keep the basic wording
above change Wandered to Wondered.

Barbara

Barbara Irwin
Victoria, B.C.  Canada
On an island in the Pacific

                       The Roman Rule: The one who says it cannot be done
 		      should never interrupt the one who is doing it.