List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] What is going to happen with kubuntu?
From:       "Mr Bulldog" <bulldogsay () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-04-21 21:14:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I know this shouldn't be said, but this is how I learnt the difference of
what gnome and kde was when I started using Linux. First I used gnome, don'=
know why, but it was the option in the installer. I didn't like it for
multiple reasons, wanted to see what kde was, when xorg had problems and I
didn't at the time have a clue how to fix it. Then I could see what
difference kde was.

This can only be applied in a small way, as some applications weren't
actually core kde applications, which is hard to explain now, (could you
class knotes or digikam, as being part of making a kde desktop). But the
main thing is I noticed what was possible from changing desktop backgrounds
and just generally using it. At that point in time, you don't care what is
kde and what is not, which makes it a lot harder, for us to identify what
makes something apart of the KDE desktop environment in a distribution,
product or marketing