List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Merchandising stuff
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-15?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-15 17:46:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 15 April 2006 16:37, Joerg Hoh wrote:
> I've collected some informations from this list and via google, how and
> where we can get merchandising stuff for KDE.
>
> Torsten Rahn:
>   2 displays for flyers , 1 Konqui

Eva has a wealth of stuff in her basement as well, I'd like to move the parts
that fit into the boothbox.

> opensourcefactory.com offers (only via resellers, but maybe we can get some
> stuff directly via Christian Siegert csiegert@opensourcefactory.com):
> - konqui stickers
> - small konquis
> - mugs
> - t-shirts
> - pins
>
> munnikes.nl
> - pins
> - casebadges

Ah, yeah. We need to contact munnikes still. He's from the Netherlands and
quite KDE friendly. I met him a couple of times in the past. The pins are
great though, we already received compliments at bobo-events because they
looked nice and made the KDE people well-distinguishable while being nicely
dressed (not that t-shirt aren't a nice dress, but not for talking to suits,
probably :>).

> I don't know if there's other kind of merchandising stuff available
> somewhere in the world (of course more shops).

I've talked to Andreas Mueller, he offered to try to get us merchandising
stuff for Linuxtag at a very acceptable rate. For the longer term, we need to
investigate options and matching conditions in order to make an educated
gu ... eeeh decision about that. That involves doing it in time, of
course :-)

> Has someboy

/me /me /me!!!

> The gnomies had a great idea for last years guadec here in Stuttgart. They
> produced bags (which are commonly used in germany for shopping) with the
> gnome logo on it.
>
> They're not expensive (for 500 bags they paid ~ 50 EUR fix for
> machine/printer setup and about 70 Cent per bag, bag and print inclusive);
> I don't know if it's good for a fair like Linuxtag, but for akademy it
> would be a great idea to hand out such KDE-branded bags to every visitor

I like them, and it's certainly a good idea to put those in the merchandising
box (which is on one side of the shiny boothbox).

> (Photo available at http://home.bawue.net/~hohjg/gnome-bag.jpg)

Cheers,
--
sebas