List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Branding ... the "K"
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten.rahn () credativ ! de>
Date:       2006-04-08 7:26:16

Am Samstag, 8. April 2006 05:06 schrieb Cristian Tibirna:

> I use friendly "K" jabs in my presentations for years now. I pronounce it
> "key" and usually say "Here's your K to the desktop". To the point I
> started to think it's a bit ... uhm... lame, as it hardly ever drawn
> smiles, lest laughter.

So why doesn't this work? "KDE - The K to your desktop" sounds really like a
nice idea to me. But if it doesn't ring a bell to a native speaker it's of
course useless.
Maybe it's because it doesn't really offer a real _deeper_ topic related
message that goes well with the already nice "word play" (or rather "const
char play = 'k';" ) itself?

Torsten