List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Recent Article by Wade Olsen
From:       "Mr Bulldog" <bulldogsay () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-04-07 15:33:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I don't think that is a good idea ever to monitor your workign expiriences
and really it is the same even when you actually give permission for it to
do so.  To me I would rally, that for most distro's such as a suse,
mandriva, kubunutu give on the first screen of installation an option to
complete a survey. This makes it more friendly.

Another point is whether it has to be complicated or not, currently for me
having an online one with options would do. Novell has done it and even has
that project where it allows you to send in a video. When kde 4 comes in I
suppose an application could be released, however it is largely in
deveolpment we really want to collect data now that could influence the
development directly.

Also the questions I want to ask are more specific, I did post it here but
one question is what is your screen resolution.
To me say if I was to do a survey in my local town and give it out to peopl=
I don't want an absolute massive 4 page one.  Mine is only really short and
specific and isn't too crucial for the kde project, but mainly for my
purposes.

Quoted by Sebastian:
On the other hand, what I understand from Luke's comment is not that he's
missing leadership, but that he's missing people stepping up and helping hi=
out with his efforts. My personal critique in that case (partly based on
earlier experience) is that there is a certain misunderstanding of how we
work: To gather people behind you that are helping out, you first need to
show that you are able to accomplish even hard tasks yourself, that you are
working hard to get results and that your able to work together with people
and make use of the comments and the hints they give you. I think especiall=
the latter has some room for improvement.

-- Well i would say partly, I am alright with the project I am doing, but I
am waiting firstly a release of software which might be out next week, whic=
is in testing. However I am only stuck by the fact that I cannot publish my
own survey and have to wait till it is ever added or considered in the main
survey created. I am alright completing the project I am doing ever with or
without help, just the fact that anything that I need and can be done by
other people isn't done.

So would it be possible if maybe someone could work on creating an online
poll or survey system. Maybe a weekly survey for different applications suc=
as using amarok and maybe one person from random will win kde merchandise.]

This would allow individual projects like me be able to get surveys done bu=
allow everyone to use the data and not just a survey for the kde project.

any ideas on this?

Luke Parry