List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE 3.5 is very alive! Possible Dot-Story?
From:       Birger Kollstrand <birger.kollstrand () losmail ! no>
Date:       2006-04-06 15:52:20

Thursday 06 April 2006 14:02, skrev Inge Wallin:
> Yep.  Another very important app for the SMB segment is Kontact. I find it
> sad that it isn't marketed more.

I use it on an every day basis in a MS Exchange network configuration. I use
KDE 3.5 and it's fairly ok.

I realy love the way contacts are handled when a new messaage is written.
Realy efficient.

The only real issue I have with it is the handling of Exchange calendar events
which is not working correctly. This is a big turnoff for my coworkers and is
giving me girefs in Linux promo internally in the company. (And PLEASE, no
nonsens comments about moving to another groupware solution.)

I will unfortunately not use it later as the MS Exchange plugin is beeing
removed in KDE4. The Linux users in our company will probably be migrated o
either Evolution or MS Outlook (in CrossoverOffice).

Regards Birger