List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] KDE4: Where are we heading to?
From:       Ellen Reitmayr <ellen () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-03 16:08:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

while thinking of a KDE4 product vision and user profiling, we once more came
across the question where we are heading to.

This raises the question of our target user base for KDE 4. So far, I've heard
'our current user base' over 'the 5% less geeky than right now' to 'let's
replace MS windows'. Without finding consensus on that issue, it is hard for
us to do proper hci work, because we don't know who we optimise our desktop
for.

We think this is a question which needs to be answered by or in discussion
with the marketing group, and needs to be part of the KDE 4 product vision.
What is your opinion on the matter?

Trying to speak in business terms: 'Where do you see KDE in 5 years?'

Cheers,
/el

--

Ellen Reitmayr