List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Coordination of releases
From:       Tom Chance <tom () acrewoods ! net>
Date:       2006-04-03 9:33:21

Quoting Mr Bulldog <bulldogsay@gmail.com>:
> Whilst we are on the subject, to me for every release even if it is just
> minor the way the release notes should be presented better, rather than just
> text. For example this is just vague, but say if there were solved bugs for
> konqueror, stick a konqueror icon next to it. This would make it a lot
> quicker for people to skip things they don't want to look at just look at
> the important stuff.

I like it, it's also more visual that way and it shouldn't be too much
effort if
we do it once and then have a template to work from.

What do you, and others, think about presentation generally? I mean, for major
releases we have:

- The announcement on kde.org
  - The visual guide linked from the announcement
  - The changelog linked from the announcement
- The press release, plus localisations, sent out to our contacts and via
Linspire's press wire and onto kde-announce
- A post on the Dot
- lots of blogging

For minor releases we seem to be shaping up for:

- The announcement on kde.org
  - The slightly more graphical changelog linked from the announcement
- The press release, plus localisations, sent to our contacts and to
kde-announce
- A post on the Dot
- a little bit more blogging than happens at the moment (none?)

Can we do that, and sustain it? Is there anything else that we should do, or
that people on this list would like to do, for both major and minor releases?

Regards,
Tom

--
I am aware that emails to this address may be mistakenly caught as spam. If
you don't get a reasonably timely reply, please try contacting me at