List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Magazine title (discussion)...
From:       Jasper Stein <aksimur () 12move ! nl>
Date:       2006-03-08 22:26:53

Op woensdag 8 maart 2006 22:14, schreef Olaf Jan Schmidt:
> [ Birger Kollstrand ]
>
> > Please not KMag, I think that will be hard to promote outside the KDE
> > circle.
>
> Why do you think Mag K would be better promotable than KMag?
>
> I like KMag very much - especially with Kurt's explanation.
>
> Olaf

Still I think Birger is correct in saying KMag is hard to promote outside the
KDE community - although the same goes for most if not all his own
suggestions. KMag "bekt niet lekker" (as the dutch say), i.e. it's not nearly
catchy enough to cling to passers-bys' memories.

In this respect the time-honoured tradition of punning may serve well to
create a playful yet catchy title. I can't think of a really good one, but
something along the lines of "The K Times" might do - slightly quirky, and
appealing to something else the general audience knows about already - and
hence easy to remember and come back to.
--
Jasper