List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] An organized volunteer for KDE events
From:       Sebastian =?utf-8?q?K=C3=BCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-07 14:25:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 14:08, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 7. März 2006 10:59, schrieb Sebastian Kügler:
> > On Monday 06 March 2006 23:56, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > > Until that section of spreadkde.org is setup, yes, it might make sense
> > > to use wiki.kde.org for collecting all the because it's there and works
> > > now. E.g. for http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Linuxtag2005
> >
> > I'm tempted to wipe that page and add a link to SpreadKDE.org, as one
> > small step in consolidating the web.
> >
> > Making a page on SpreadKDE.org sounds much better to me.
>
> Of course! (sorry, have not yet started to fill content to SKO, so am bound
> to what I know ;)
> If SKO can be used like the wiki, neglecting the need for an account (blame
> me, no experience yet), there should be no obstacles.

It's editable via a webinterface, if you mean that.

> So what about transfering _all_ the existing (old) event management wiki
> pages to SKO and adding pointers to each new location, to make people used
> to SKO and keeping the history?

Jup, I guess some of the pages need an update. The promo FAQ [PF] needs to be
merged with the SKO page [VE]. If that's getting too long (it's quite a long
page already), it might make sense to split it up into a couple of pages.

It shouldn't be too much work, but if that's done, we can wipe those pages
from events.kde.org and link that one through to SKO.

> I would take this part if no one does it before the WE.

That would be really great.

[PF] http://events.kde.org/faq/promo.php
[VE] http://www.spreadkde.org/handbook/local_group_guide/visiting_events
--