List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] article about KPart
From:       Philippe Fremy <phil () freehackers ! org>
Date:       2006-03-02 22:50:28

Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

> Not being a developer at all, I'd still be interested to take up
> the challenge. Unless someone with real C++/KDE/Qt background
> steps forward... Provided you, Philippe, or someone else is looking
> at my draft.

I'll be happy to do that, although I havn't touched kpart for a long
long time. I think I would seek additional developer feedback anyway.

> So before I change my "interested" statement to "I'm committed": was
> there any deadline given? What sort of author's fee did they offer?
> Did they say which number of words they expect (or lines, pages,
> characters or whatever measurement they use)?

Nothing but the mail I provided here.

The next step is to contact the guy. If I were to do that, I could go
either with one or two pages, like my original article, or go with a
full blown inside KPart article.

As for fee, I have no ideas. Some Linux Mags just do not pay their
authors and others do.

I leave it up to you.

	Philippe