List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] planet.gnome.org
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-02-18 8:19:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 18 February 2006 00:38, John Orford wrote:
> My point was really that: Gnome has a mission - to create a desktop which
> is as simplified as possible, even if that is to the detriment of features.
>
> They are focusing on producing a Desktop for people who would value
> simplicity over features.  They are setting their stall out - focusing on a
> market segment (enterprise desktops?) even if it alienates some current
> power users (Linus).

And that is plain wrong, from a marketing point of view. This way, they're
cheating on their existing users, which got them so far, let alone they'll
become less attractive to potential developers, and the community at large.
--
sebas

Which mindset is right? Mine, of course. People who disagree with me are by
definition crazy. (Until I change my mind, when they can suddenly become
upstanding citizens. I'm flexible, and not black-and-white.) - Linus Torvalds