List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] More KDE 4 love
From:       Tom Chance <tom () acrewoods ! net>
Date:       2006-02-15 18:16:49

Ahoy,

Newsforge have just published the third article covering KDE 4, even though it
is in a sense vapourware at the moment:

http://software.newsforge.com/software/05/09/19/1616206.shtml
http://software.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/12/06/2042232
http://software.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/02/07/2059202

It's a good sign that our big concepts are doing well, though interestingly
some more than others. We have: Plasma, Oxygen, Solid, Akonadi and Phonon.

It might be an idea to approach some of the more mainstream publications with
these. Even if they don't publish anything, making them aware of the concepts
will help when KDE4 is actually released (so long as we don't overhype them).
I'm thinking of everyone from CNET/ZDNET to general PC magazines that do
occasionally cover Linux.

A nice little job for people with some spare time and an itch to write press
releases, follow up any good contacts they have and/or make new ones.

Regards,
Tom

--
I'm aware that e-mails to me may be blocked by my host
because they are mistaken as spam. If this happens,