List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Interview location
From:       Arne Babenhauserheide <arne_bab () web ! de>
Date:       2006-02-07 7:47:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Monday 06 February 2006 20:35 schrieb Sebastian Kügler:

> Sounds good, except that the question was about storing the interviews in a
> certain location, your proposal is only about transporting them via the
> network, which is not really the problem given that bandwidth is available.

That's why I said "second backup".
Gnutella is not only a way to reduce bandwidth, but also to reach people we
wouldn't reeach otherwise, as the seraching's done inside the network and any
shared materials can be found quite efficiently.

> For sharing big files, such as iso's it's a good idea (and AFAIK some
> distro's are already practising it), but I think it makes little sense for
> HTML pages.

It makes sense for PDF-Files, i.e., and they are already well spread in
Gnutella. Naturally that would mean to convert the html-files before sharing
them, but I doubt that that would be a major problem (HTML-Files simply are
ignored... to many spammers tried to use them).

Most distros use BitTorrent, afaik, which makes little sense for smaller
files, but with Gnutella things are different in that manner.

But yes, it isn't a solution for storing the interviews on the page, only for
a second archiving, which also works as uncontrolled advertisement.

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein