List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE-centric Distros and KDE-friendly business
From:       Wade Olson <wade () corefunction ! com>
Date:       2006-01-31 16:40:25

On 1/31/06, Birger Kollstrand <birger.kollstrand@losmail.no> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would realy like to see som interviews with some Qt persons. What they see
> as the future of Qt4 and what mutual benefit we have of each other.
>
> With businesses , do you then purly look at  companies and commercial results?
> Purly KDE or also Qt? I think about PyQt for instance?

Interesting questions.  I'm thinking more about organizations, but I'm
obviously not going to nitpick about whether they're publically
traded, a free distro, a group of people, or a pack of benevolent
bandits living in the trees south of the castle.

With Qt and PyQt, is it better to have articles about Qt under the
guise of Trolltech, or are these examples of technology-based articles
that could be separate?

As we get closer to KDE4 (whenever that may be), sometime during the
summer/fall I'd like to have a series of "The Foundations of KDE" that
would include the "pillars" of KDE: Plasma, Solid, Phonon, etc...and
so on.  These are not just Dot articles, but major prestn/future
educational pieces/teasers for Linux mags,etc.  I'd view Qt and core
bindings as a good fit there, as opposed to try to fit into a TT
interview or binding developer interview.

Thoughts?