List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Launch of SpreadKDE promotional community site
From:       Wade Olson <wade () corefunction ! com>
Date:       2006-01-31 0:40:07

All,

The KDE marketing group is pleased to announce the release of
SpreadKDE (http://www.spreadkde.org), the new home for KDE's
promotional activities.

In the past, the KDE community has had no centralized location for
holding promotional materials or listing related tasks.  However, with
the release of SKO (SpreadKDE.Org), we hope to meet and exceed those
basic needs by:

* Providing a singular portal for KDE marketing materials
* Fostering a community for those interested in promoting KDE
* Aggregating marketing tasks and connecting those that need help with
that that can help
* Storing related materials and documentation
* Concentrating and steering future KDE marketing goals
* Assisting and linking regional KDE groups, from new to established
* Coordinating KDE-related events

Such a hub for marketing activities has been sorely lacking in KDE
until now, and we consider this site a to be a key milestone in
establishing a solid foundation in growing KDE's promotional activity.

Although quite basic in its initial form, we hope that we can quickly
build out the site through participation.  Remember that this site
belongs to everyone, so please take ownership and:

* Visit the site, familiarize yourself with SKO, and create an account
* Provide feedback on the style and content (mailto: kde-promo@kde.org)
* Review current tasks and consider where you can help
(http://www.spreadkde.org/tasks)
* Think about what content should be held on our site
(http://www.spreadkde.org/handbook)
* Discuss how we can improve our new home
(https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo)

So whether you have technical skills, a marketing background, or are
just interested in lending a hand and learning more, we invite you to
join KDE's reinvigorated promotional community.

A special thanks to those who were instrumental in building the SKO
site (Tom Chance, Martijn Klingens, and Sebastian Kugler[1]) and to
those at the OSU Open Source Lab for graciously hosting our new home
(http://www.OSUOSL.org).

This announcement will be repeated shortly on the Dot new site
(http://dot.kde.org/).

Warmest regards,
Wade

[1]: BYOU: Bring Your Own Umlaut (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umlaut)