List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Searching staff for CeBIT 2006
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-01-19 9:22:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 19 January 2006 10:06, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 18. Januar 2006 17:09 schrieb Torsten Rahn:
>
> Hi,
>
> > We were already offered booth space, we reserved a limited amount of
> > hotel rooms and we got sent > 1000 Kubuntu CDs.
>
> Count on me! (I think 1000 Kubuntu CDs is a little big small compared to
> the size of the show.)

That depends on how you hand them out. If you "reward" visitors with a Kubuntu
CD after having listened to you for two minutes, or more, it's definitely
quite a lot.

Just throwing them around and giving everyone who walks by a CD is not a very
good idea anyway, people should appreciate it. Everytime I'm coming back from
some events, with yet another stack of CDs I have been given, most of those
end up in the trashcan. So use the CDs as a lure to attract people, to get
the chance to talk to them.

Prepare key messages before you go there, work out what you want to tell
people of different groups, try to find out what they're interested in
(marketing is a two-way thing, after all). And tell the people what they can
expect from the CD. It's an installation CD, that wipes your harddisk by
default, people should be well aware of that. Next Kubuntu release will have
live/install combo CDs, that is quite a lot better if you want people to try
that thing out.

Cheers,
--
sebas