List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] qt, gtk, kde, gnome jobs comparison
From:       Philippe Fremy <phil () freehackers ! org>
Date:       2006-01-16 12:25:25

Torsten Rahn wrote:
> Am Montag, 16. Januar 2006 11:10 schrieb Philippe Fremy:
>
> > 	Hi,
> >
> > A friend just sent me this.
> >
> > http://www.indeed.com/jobtrends?q=gtk%2Cqt%2Cmono%2Ckde%2Cgnome
> >
> > This ain't a full market study, but still, it is interesting to see the
> > trend on that site, that qt developers are far most seeked than Gtk or
> > mono developers. And that Gnome and KDE developers are not really seeked.
>

> And now just for kicks add Java or .NET ;-)

Good remark. What we see is the percentage of offers, and we have 0.01%
of Qt offers, which means 1 Qt offer for 10000 offers. I don't know how
many offers this site gets, but it might just be that they have 2 Qt
offer and 1 Gtk offer for 20000 total offers. Not so relevant for a
statistical analysis. The percentage may vary just because the total
number of offers varies.

So, mostly, this stat looks crappy. The only real thing that we can
remember:
- Qt, KDE, Gtk and Gnome offers are non zero
- on this specific site, there is 5 to 10 times more Qt jobs than Gtk,
Gnome or KDE offers.

	Philippe