List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] planet.gnome.org
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! nl>
Date:       2006-01-04 8:42:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

http://log.ometer.com/2006-01.html#3.2 for later reference

> I'd encourage people to read and absorb.  I'm still absorbing
> (deciding what I agree and don't agree with), but at least it spurs
> further thought, which is good.

The "we need to market wholes, not drills" thing is definitely right (and
common sense, which seems to be not so common). Also, I tend to agree with
'We need "corner cases don't matter" conditioning', that saves us from a
marketing strategy that is too vague and too broad for someone to remember -
or even notice.

I think with respect to the building block model, hp drafts, KDE is _much_
further technically, and following that up we should probably be focussing on
those assembling the building blocks. That involves good contact with
distributors, though. But just aswell, KDE needs to focus on its current
users - powerusers that know really good how to deal with all the technical
details. The problem is, that this does not provide too much growing
potential. So we need to speak "Joe Average" here.

Anyway, good read, good links in it also. On to the dentist now.
--
sebas

 http://www.kde.nl | http://vizZzion.org |  GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. - Rich Cook