List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Open Wenngo and KDE
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-29 20:24:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 29 December 2005 12:09, Charles de Miramon wrote:
> For KDE 4.0, it would be nice to offer out-of-the-box VoIP telephony. Can a
> KDE-ified OpenWengo be a solution ?

i'm sure it could be, assuming it doesn't lock our users into a proprietary or
non-useful (e.g. because it isn't used broadly) protocol.

> I know there was a KCall or Kphone
> initiative but I don't know if it is progressing very fast.

ask eva about that...

> The OpenWengo developers seem to be KDE fans and are eager for some
> publicity to fight the Skype buzz. If there is consensus and interest on
> this list, I can try to contact them to see if a possible collaboration is
> possible.

it would be great to see a kde-ified version of their software. the question
is whether they are willing to do so and maintain that branch (or what they'd
need to make that possible, e.g. win32 versions of kde libs, or?)...

this is really a discussion for kde-core-devel, though, IMO. and one that
ought to include them and some concrete plans ...

great to see people such as yourself looking at new ways to build bridges
between kde and the rest of the world!

--
Aaron J. Seigo