List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] 3.5 announcement feedback
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-15 20:55:39

On Thursday 15 December 2005 21:30, Wade Olson wrote:
> > yes. and Linus contends that, as with the kernel, take care of the other
> > stuff and the "enterprise" will take care of itself, and that that is the
> > only proper way in his opinion to achieve enterprise acceptability while
> > not simultaneously killing your project. very interesting insight, and
> > given that it worked for the Linux kernel i'm tempted to trust him on
> > this one ;)
>
> Although it makes it easier for the enterprise to take care of itself
> when you have kernel logs with plenty of addresses that end with
> @hp.com, @ibm.com, @seagate.com etc. :)

If we continue to kick as much as as we currently do it's only a matter of
time until the enterprise will help KDE in the same way e.g. by advancing
Kiosk and other "enterprisy" things that are harder to develop in the
traditional hobbyist for-fun fashion. Hey, that sounds a remarkable lot like
the situation with device drivers for gadgets vs. high-end hardware that
Linus mentioned... go figure :)

--
Martijn