List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Market Segmentation Proposal v. 0.2
From:       Mihnea Capraru <mihnea_capraru () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2005-12-06 6:03:52

I'm uploading an only slightly modified version of the segmentation document,
which might serve as a release candidate.

As for putting the ideas to work, I suggest we try to tackle this problem:

Tag: Main Use of Computer
Values: office work, leisure, software development, study, arts, science, web
development

We should be able to provide good estimates as to what abilities KDE provides.
We should also somehow decide what we desire, not only what we can do.

As for the process of taking these decisions (assigning the weights), this is
an open debate, I assume :-)

I'll try to come up with a reliable way of receiving user data, in a couple of
days - actually I know what I'd like to suggest, but I'll need to turn in
into something readable first.

The user data should be very important, since this would be all our factual
basis. What we can't decide on this basis remains open to speculation.

Mihnea

["market segmentation.odt" (application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)]