List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Tux magazine Issue #9
From:       Wade Olson <wade () corefunction ! com>
Date:       2005-12-05 16:30:29

On 12/5/05, Tom Chance <tom@acrewoods.net> wrote:
> On Monday 05 December 2005 15:57, Wade Olson wrote:
> > Yep, I think in reading back issues that I saw previous work from Jess.
>
> By the by, it's spelt 'Jes'... she doesn't like people misspelling her name ;)

Dammit...I had one 's' and changed it to 2 after seeing aseigo's
comment (passing the blame is certainly a forte of mine).

*Every* time I type her name I have to check planetkde (because I'll
never be able to remember canllaith either).  If you're reading
Jes..sorry about that.

> Anyway, to return to your question Wade, I think a better focus would be
> magazines that *aren't* already really KDE friendly. Either by carefully
> developing a good press relationship with existing journalists who cover the
> desktop, or by writing yourself, you can really turn a publication around...

Totally agree, with the exception that this really isn't an
'either/or' proposition on focus to me.

> Oh, and pat Jes/Daniel/etc. on the back for their articles so far :) Give them
> as much karma in blogs, on the Dot, etc. as they would for a really cool new
> hack.
Agreed again.  Although getting a group of technical people to agree
to that isn't always a given.  I should probably blog abotu the
magazine at least and give them some applause, because that issue was
great.