List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] collection of articles on KDE 3.5 release
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-01 1:21:16

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Tom Chance wrote:
>http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2005/11/30/213206/KDEupgradesLinu
>xdesktopprogramme.htm
>
>This one is very brief but, uniquely so far I think, focuses on
> SuperKaramba and draws a parallel with the support for RSS that will
> apparently be in Windows Vista.

I've read through this one more than once and they made such a mess that
it's difficult to understand what is meant.

"And on the desktop, KDE now includes the SuperKaramba tool, which allows
users and developers to create widgets." <-- what do they mean by this?

"This is the first update to KDE since March." <-- this is wrong

>http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/applications/0,39020384,39239143,00.htm
>
>Ingrid Marson, who has written lots on KDE before, made the Acid2
> compliance her big focus. Quotes from Microsoft and Mozilla about why
> their products don't comply yet, a little about the other Konq
> improvements, a few random other new features and it ends with a note
> about KDE 4.

If you nitpick her words, she makes KDE the Linux desktop: not the
default, not one of the alternatives. She wrote "The people behind the
latest version of the Linux desktop environment, KDE, ..."

:-)

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

5. Swa he géanhwearf tó timbran, and hwonne he cóm, lá! Unix cwæð "Hello,
World". Ǽfre ǽghwilc wæs glæd and seo woruld wæs fréo.