List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Is it just me, or is this horribly wrong?
From:       Mihnea Capraru <mihnea_capraru () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2005-11-26 15:27:02

Searching for 'linux software' on google will rank KDE on the 44th place.

Why is one of the most important producers of software for linux ranked so
low? This is obviously not google's fault.

Searching for 'desktop', on the other hand, ranks KDE second only to 'Google
Desktop Download'.

The KDE sites make lots of use of the word 'desktop'. But how often does
somebody google for 'desktop'?

(This is not a rhetorical question, I mean I really don't know how many, but
there's probably few of them).

On the other hand, how many people will search for 'linux software', 'download
linux software', 'linux apps'?

Quite a few, I suspect.

Maybe it would help to reword kde.org and tell people about what they are
looking for?

Mihnea