List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] A Preliminary Abstraction of the Target Groups
From:       Mihnea Capraru <mihnea_capraru () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2005-11-21 1:46:21

> I think we're saying the same things in a different
> way. However, I do think a
> poster showing the user group and some
> pictures/icons of applications, will
> also help attract people, and immediately answer
> some of their obvious
> questions instantly. Especially for people that
> don't fall for smooth
> marketing slogans and don't have a clue what KDE is.
> A lot of people don't
> care about KDE technology or *nix/Windows/etc.

You mean like a group of people with photos/cameras
and digikam?

Or people writing/reading email and Kontact?

Yes, that sounds very to the point indeed. Especially
at Linux shows, this would send a very strong message.

For the general audience (non-Linux) we need to do
more or do nothing, I mean either we don't focus on
them at all or we somehow get them to install linux
too, not just a 'software suite' (there was a long
thread on this yesterday).

Mihnea