List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] 'Download KDE'
From:       Mihnea Capraru <mihnea_capraru () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2005-11-20 15:09:50

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#bespecific

> Specifically, you started the threads "'Download
> KDE'" and "kde.org
> versus Wikipedia" by replying to Inge Wallin's post
> in the thread
> "Desktops in Sweden" (and off-list to Inge as well,
> which is really
> quite rude), as evidenced by the headers:
>
> Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:39:37 +0100 (CET)
> From: Mihnea Capraru <mihnea_capraru at yahoo
> dot de>
> To: inge at lysator dot liu dot se,
> KDE Promo <kde-promo@kde.org>
> Subject: [kde-promo] 'Download KDE'
>
> (Address obfuscation added.)
>
> Don't do this. Instead, when you want to start a new
> thread, send a *new
> message* to kde-promo@kde.org without replying to an
> existing message
> from the list.

Thank you for the explanation. I have to admit that I
might have thought about the headers myself, but I was
seemingly too lazy/distracted to do it.

Also inadvertently sending a personal reply to Inge
Wallin that was not even a reply was indeed rude of
me. All I can say is please excuse me, and that I'll
take care that it doesn't happen again.

Mihnea